We use personal information on a day to day basis in order to operate, but we only collect personal information where there is a clear reason for us to do so.
Our use of personal information allows us to make better decisions, keep our site updated, place our candidates more efficiently and, ultimately, help us to reach more job providers, and job seekers to ensure we offer the most appropriate and updated information as possible.
The types of personal information we collect
What we collect about you and how we do this depends of which services you use, and how much personal data about you we need to provide these services.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information when you choose to provide it to us, and if you give us permission, where appropriate, to retain the information:
- Your name;
- Your contact details (including postal address, telephone number, e-mail address and/or social media identity);
- Your date of birth;
- Your gender;
- Your CV
If you volunteer for us or apply for a job with us, information necessary for us to process these applications and assess your suitability (which may include things like employment status, previous experience depending on the context, as well as any unspent criminal convictions or pending court cases you may have). If successful we will retain your information while you volunteer or work with us. If unsuccessful we will retain your details for no longer than 6 months and contact, you if another suitable opportunity arises. If you do not want us to retain your details, please contact us on info@Relyhelps.com. Deletion of data can take up to 72 hours. Information we hold might include:
- Information about events, activities and products which we consider to be of interest to you;
- Age, nationality and ethnicity information for recruitment purposes; and
- Any other personal information you provide to us.
Sensitive Personal Information
Some of the information you provide to us may be sensitive personal data, such as medical history, criminal convictions, or racial/ethnic origin.
We will only ever use sensitive personal data where this is essential to provide advice. We may also use medical information you provide to make reasonable adjustments to help you access our services, or for your needs to be met where appropriate.
We collect personal information in the following ways:
In accordance with common website practice, we will receive information about the type of device you’re using to access our website. The settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and why if a crash has happened. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us. This is information about the device only and will not give us any personal information about you or any other sites you may visit.
Information you provide to us directly
When you give us your information in order to sign up for one of our events, make a donation, or use recruitment services or communicate with us via the contact pages on the website.
Information you provide to us indirectly
Your information may be shared with us by third parties, for example, verification check agencies, independent event organisers
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those services, for example if you publicly tag us in an event photo.
Information available publicly
We may supplement information on our Information Providers with information from publicly available sources such as charity websites and annual reviews, corporate websites, public social media accounts, the electoral register and Companies House in order to create a fuller understanding of an Information Provider’s interests. This information will be used to verify that the Information Provider is a genuine and trading organisation, as opposed to dissolved or closed.
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the services, products or information you asked for;
- Administer your donation or support your fundraising
- Keep a record of your relationship with us if you subscribe to be a friend of Relyhelps and wish to receive our monthly newsletter
- Respond to or fulfil any requests, complaints or queries you make to us;
- Understand how we can improve our services, products or information by conducting analysis and market research;
- Contact you if enter your details onto one of our online forms, and you don’t ‘send’ or ‘submit’ the form, to see if we can help with any problems you may be experiencing with the form or our websites;
- Display content to you in a way appropriate to the device you are using;
- Generate reports on our work, services and events;
- Monitor website use to identify visitor location, guard against disruptive use, monitor website traffic and/or personalise information which is presented to you;
- Process your application for a job or volunteering position;
- Conduct training and quality control for internal purposes only;
- Audit and administer our accounts;
- Carry out fraud prevention and money laundering checks, if required, with your donation
- Establish, defend or enforce legal claims against Relyhelps.
- Relyhelps may also disclose such of your confidential information as is required to disclosed by law, any governmental or regulatory authority. This clause shall survive termination of the Contract
Send marketing communications:
- We operate an ‘opt-in only’ communication policy. This means that, we will only send you emails for the topics and options you have explicitly opted to receive information on.
- At no time will the Relyhelps’s details be shared with any third parties unless you have explicitly consented to this.
- We may use information you have given us directly, for example the record of your previous donations to and/or relationship with us, your location and demographics, as well as the type of activity you have been involved with, to tailor our communications with you about future activities.
Send information on Events
- When you have asked for details of a Relyhelps event, we will send you information including, where relevant, ideas for recruitment and reminders on key information about the activity.
- Where you have signed up for an event with a third party and told the event organiser that you wish to hire candidates from us, we may contact you with information and support for your hiring event.
How you can manage your contact preferences
Our forms have clear marketing preference questions and we include information on how to opt out when we send you marketing material.
We will retain your details for no longer than 6 months post donation or volunteer activity. Deletion of data can take up to 72 hours.
You can change your subscription/ preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Principles
Relyhelps will comply with the following data protection principles when processing personal information:
- we will process personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- we will collect personal information for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only, and will not process it in a way that is incompatible with those legitimate purposes;
- we will only process the personal information that is adequate, relevant and necessary for the relevant purposes;
- we will keep accurate and up to date personal information, and take reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal information is deleted or corrected without delay;
- we will keep personal information in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information is processed; and
- we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that personal information is kept secure and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
How we keep your information safe
We ensure that there are appropriate technical and organisational controls (including physical, electronic and managerial measures) in place to protect your personal details. For example, our online forms are always encrypted, and our network is protected and routinely monitored. As no method of electronic transfer is secure, we cannot guarantee 100% security although we follow and maintain high standards to ensure protection of information both submitted to and stored by us.
How long do we keep your information for?
Relyhelps works to specific criteria to determine how long we will retain your information for, which are determined by legal and operational considerations. We might keep some personal information for tax or health and safety purposes, as well as keep a record of user interactions with us for due diligence. Under UK legislation, you may request information about what data Relyhelps holds about you and also request that we remove all data that we hold about you. We have one month to comply with your request for erasure or to advise if any data must be retained for legal reasons. Deletion of data can take up to 72 hours. Backed-up information may exist after deletion.
Sharing your information with other organisations
We will never sell or rent your information to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes. We will only disclose your information to third parties who are our strategic partners delivering key components of the Relyhelps platform. Such as; payment processing, search facilities, data storage and analytics.
Some of our partners run their operations outside the European Economic Area (EEA) – this may include a country which may not be subject to the same data protection laws as companies based in the UK. In these circumstances, we will take steps to make sure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law, and appropriate safeguards are in place.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access your account and you agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You are responsible for any activity using your account, whether or not you authorised that activity. You should immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account.
Your rights to correct and access your information and to ask for it to be erased